About the Job
Takween Integrated Community Development (Takween-ICD) is an urban development firm established in 2009 in Egypt by a young dynamic team with extensive experience, in response to a foreseen growing demand for innovative urban solutions in a world where it is predicted that by 2030, 60% of the world’s inhabitants will be living in urban centers. Takween-ICD specializes in the development of integrated packages in urban development services and solutions to support and complement efforts of tackling urban challenges. Takween-ICD provides project planning, design and implementation services to a range of local and international clients. Takween-ICD fields of interventions include integrated urban development and upgrading; heritage management and conservation; community development and mobilization; and direct involvement in participatory design and construction activities.
In January of 2021 Takween will be starting a new Project in Esna, Visit Esna. This project objective is to put Esna on the tourist map through a number of conservation, marketing and economic interventions.
The Accountant will be responsible for maintaining financial and accounting services in order to meet legislative requirements and support the project financial operations; also, assisting in the preparation of the project financial statements, maintaining cash controls & maintaining accounts payable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the project finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner;
- Maintains the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all funds;
- Performs other related duties as required.
General Accounting/Financial Management
- Monitors field offices finances, to ensure that field offices are following USAID/TICD internal control procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly field offices expenditures.
- Reviews and processes field office advance request.
- Performs reconciliation of field office advance accounts.
- Reviews and processes payments to subcontractors, vendors and consultants in compliance with contract requirements.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments
- Verifies backup documentation for all project-related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented
- Responsible and Manage the petty cash and replenishment.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation of all project related accounts.
- Prepares withholding tax forms and ensure these are submitted and paid in a timely manner.
- Records journal entries for all project related activities on the financial system and ensure the cost allocation per account.
- Performs GL account reconciliations.
- Ensures backup documentation is uploaded to the financial system according to set deadlines.
Travel Advances & Reimbursements
- Reviews travel advance requests; travel expense reports to ensure allowability and follow up on settlements of pending advances
- Follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel
- Reviews and monitors outstanding advances.
- Supports the Finance Manager in keeping control over deadlines for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and the grant monetary activities.
- Assists the Finance Manager in preparing accurate on-demand financial reports as required.
- Prepares accurate and timely financial reports for internal management purposes.
- Monitors and reports on vendor payment schedules and obligations.
- Supports preparation of internal and external audits.
- Supports responses and actions to internal audit comments.
- Conducts monthly reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with USAID/TICD policies and procedures
Policies & Procedures
- Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards and applicable laws; project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with TICD policies, USAID rules/regulations, and the terms of the contract.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
5 to 10 years