About the Job
We are looking for a specialized Legal Secretary to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. You will work under the supervision of an attorney and will also provide support in assigned legal cases.
The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management so as to guarantee reliability and consistency.
- Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers
- Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and partners
- Greet visitors
- Attend meetings and type minutes
- Write case briefs and synopses of procedures, contracts and testimony
- Conduct thorough statistical/ documentary research
- Source and verify important case intelligence
- Produce and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions or petitions
- Preserve an updated case record system
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and providing timely reminders
More than 2 years