Experience & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT-related programs or equivalent experience is required to enter into the field of telecommunications engineering.
It is worthwhile to note that a telecommunications engineer doesn’t sit in the office & work, rather they work on the site. Few Key skills of a telecom engineer include:
- Experience with designing and implementation of LAN, WAN, Wireless LAN, and WWAN.
- Proven experience with software that is related to telecommunications systems.
- Hands-on experience in PC operating systems and network handling.
- Good technical understanding of network hardware, Internet standards, and protocols.